AboutHello! My name is Chris Newhouse. I'm an Android developer based out of California, and have been coding and designing ever since I got my hands on a C++ textbook in grade school. I explored my love of science during college, graduating from Emory's Neuroscience BS, while continuing to pursue computer science as an active hobby, teaching myself Android development and other skills.
After working with computational neuroscience for a little while, I found myself wanting to use the more of the skills I had developed over the previous decade. I decided to return to the software development world, and have been producing and maintaining consumer apps and games under the name Resonos Software ever since. I am currently looking for a position with a company where my Android development and other software experience can help to impact growth and success.
I currently live in San Diego, California, and can often be found exploring the outdoors with my dog, Moss. I love most creative pursuits, and when I'm not coding or in nature, I'm usually either playing or creating music.
This website has a variety of coding-related creations of mine dating back over a decade. Please feel free to explore.
- Mastery of Android mobile development, familiarity with other mobile frameworks and techniques
- 12 years of object-oriented programming: Java, PHP, Python, C++/C, ActionScript, MATLAB, PERL, and much, much more
- Design skills in a variety of mediums: graphic design, 3D animation, music composition, and video editing. Applications used include Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D Studio Max, After Effects, Audition, Pro Tools, Premiere.
- Responsible coding practices and comprehensive knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Solid understanding of UX and UI, and able to handle products all the way from concept to consumer.